Yoga for Weight Loss 2022: Yoga is a Sanskrit word that denotes “Join, unite, or together”. The crucial function of yoga is to unite body, mind, and spirit in a harmonious whole. Yoga is a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing harmony between the mind and the body. Here are 10 different types of yoga poses and their benefits. A few thousand years ago, on the banks of the lake Kantisarovar in the Himalayas, Adiyogi coursed his profound knowledge into the legendary Saptarishis or “seven sages.” The sages carried this robust yogic science to different parts of the world, including Asia, the Middle East, Northern Africa, and South America.
Table of contents
- Yoga for Weight Loss 2022
- Standing Yoga Poses (Surya Namaskar)
- Sitting Yoga Poses (Utkatasana)
- Parivrtta Utkatasana (Revolved Chair Pose)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
- Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Virabhadrasana III (Warrior 3)
- Natarajasana ( Dancer Pose)
- Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide Leg Forward Fold)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga for Weight Loss
- Yoga for Weight Loss FAQ’s
Yoga for Weight Loss 2022
There are countless asanas, and excellent 10 yoga poses that all have amazing benefits. It’s tough to choose and select asanas. I have chosen 10 poses and added yoga poses for kids, as well as advanced yoga, poses, with yoga pose images that can be practiced daily in the morning. Before you start, I would suggest checking your height and weight chart. So here are 10 Morning Yoga for Weight Loss and yoga poses with names, you should practice that will take only 20 min.
Standing Yoga Poses (Surya Namaskar)
Surya Namaskar is a 12 powerful standing yoga pose. Surya Namaskar is known to have an immensely positive impact on the body and mind. It’s a great standing asanas cardiovascular workout. Apart from good health, Surya Namaskar also provides an opportunity to express gratitude to the sun. Kids
Benefits of Standing Asanas
These are the benefits of Surya Namaskar or Standing Asanas.
- Helps to prolong cardiovascular health
- Stimulates the nervous system of our body
- Helps in extending, flexing, and toning the muscles of our body
- An excellent exercise for weight loss management
- Strengthens the immune system
- Enhances cognitive functions
- Improves overall health, increases the body, and relaxes the mind
Sitting Yoga Poses (Utkatasana)
Utkatasana asan has so many names which are called the half sitting yoga pose, Chair pose, Fierce pose, Hazardous pose, Lightning Bolt pose, Wild pose, or Awkward pose. We can sit on a chair so quickly, but when it comes to an imaginary chair, it becomes entirely challenging. This asana is all about sitting on an imaginary chair. Utkatasana translates into an intense or powerful pose.
Sitting Asanas Benefits
- Gives the hips, spine, and chest muscles a good stretch
- Torso and lower back strengthened
- It tones not only the legs but also the muscles in the knee, ankles, and thighs.
- Even so, one can lose weight from the buttocks
- Strengthens your immune system and helps relieve joint pain and back pains.
- Gives the abdominal organs a good massage and stimulates the diaphragm and the heart.
- It Imparts a sense of balance in the body and great determination to the mind.
Parivrtta Utkatasana (Revolved Chair Pose)
Parivrtta Utkatasana is a twisted version of Utkatasana. The name derived from the Sanskrit roots words, Parivrtta meaning “revolved,” “utkata,” meaning “fierce” and asana meaning “pose.”It’s an ideal posture for releasing tension in the body and mind, improving the breathing and cultivating internal heat.
Benefits of Parivrtta Utkatasana
- It has a squeeze and releases effect on your digestive system
- And internal organs.
- It helps promote detoxification
- Strengthens the mid-and low back and increases flexibility throughout the spine.
- It tones the internal organs, including the kidney and digestive organs.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
Adho Mukha Svanasana is a yoga asana that requires flexibility and upper body strength. The names come from the Sanskrit adhas, meaning “down,” mukha, meaning “face” svana, meaning “dog” and asana, meaning “pose.” It’s a part of the Surya Namaskar series in many types of Yoga.
Benefits of Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga for Weight Loss
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Improves circulations
- Improves digestion
- Tones the hands and feet
- Decreases anxiety
Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge)
Anjaneyasana is an asana named after Anjani, the mother of the Hindu god, Hanuman. Anjaneyasana improves balance, stability, and focus, and can help to overcome sciatica. Besides, it opens the hips and extends the quadriceps.
Benefits of Anjaneyasana Yoga for Weight Loss
- Makes the glutes and the quadriceps powerful.
- Allows the hips and hip flexors an excellent stretch.
- Widens up your shoulders, lungs, and chest.
- Helps relieve sciatica.
- Helps improve your balance.
- Stimulates the digestive and reproductive organs.
- Increases your ability to concentrate, and It builds core awareness.
- Practice this asana regularly; your body will be toned and energized
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
This is the sixth Pose of 10 Morning Yoga Poses. Trikonasana is a standing yoga asana that requires power, strength, balance, and flexibility. This term comes from the Sanskrit trikona, meaning “three corners” or “triangle,” and asana, meaning “posture.” The name is often used synonymously with utthita trikonasana (extended triangle pose). Trikonasana unblocks energy pathways in the body.
Benefits of Trikonasana Yoga for Weight Loss
- Helps in back muscles, stretches hips, stretches the spine, chest, and shoulders.
- Give stimulates the spinal nerves, strengthens the thighs, calves, and buttocks.
- It correct alignment of shoulders improves the flexibility of the spine,
- It relieves backache, gastritis, indigestion, acidity, and flatulence.
- Assist treatment of neck sprains, reduces stiffness in the shoulders, knees, neck, and tones the ligaments of the arms and legs, and strengthens the ankles and
- Importantly, it alleviates nervousness and also stimulates the nervous system and depression, enhances the pelvic area, and tones the reproductive organs.
Virabhadrasana III (Warrior 3)
Virabhadrasana is a series of poses named for a mighty warrior in Hindu mythology, Virbhadra. The name derived from the Sanskrit word vira, meaning “hero,” Bhadra, meaning “friend,” and asana, meaning “pose.” An embodiment of Shiva, Virabhadra was made to destroy Daksha, the son of Brahma. According to legend, Daksha was against the marriage of his daughter Sati and Shiva. Moreover, he cut Sati off from the family. The story varies depending upon the Hindu tradition, but Sati killed herself. In his grief, Shiva created Virabhadra to exact revenge.
Benefits of Virabhadrasana III Yoga for Weight Loss
- Strengthens the legs, ankles, shoulders, and back.
- Undoubtedly, It tones the entire body, especially your abdomen.
- It Improves memory and concentration.
- Encourages better posture and better invigorates and energizes.
Natarajasana ( Dancer Pose)
Nataraja is one of the names of Lord Shiva. This Yoga for Weight Loss is the best among the 10 Morning Yoga Poses. The word Nata, meaning “dance,” raja, meaning “king,” and asana, meaning “ posture.” If we do this asana appropriately, it resembles one of the dancing poses of Lord Shiva. One should practice this asana on an empty stomach. One must practice at dawn or dusk for the best results.
Benefits of Natarajasana Yoga for Weight Loss
- Allows to strengthens your chest, ankles, hips, and legs.
- Helps in weight loss and also increases your metabolism.
- Gives your abdominal organs, groin as well as thighs a good stretch.
- The posture and balance of the increased.
- Helps better your digestion.
- Helps to focus more and calms our mind. As a result, It relieves the stressed mind.
- Your body becomes flexible. Subsequently, hip flexors are opened up.
Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide Leg Forward Fold)
Prasarita Padottanasana is usually practiced at the end of the standing poses. Hence, it serves as an excellent pose for inversions. Thus, this asana is a forward bend that stretches both the back and hamstrings. The word Prasarita, meaning “wideout,” pada, meaning “foot,” uttana, meaning “intense stretch,” asana, meaning “ posture.” One must do this asana only on an empty stomach.
Benefits of Prasarita Padottanasana Yoga for Weight Loss
- The inner part of the legs, the back, and the spine altogether strengthened and stretched.
- The abdominal organs toned. Therefore, digestion is enhanced.
- The brain calmed.
- It relieves headaches, backaches, fatigue, as well as mild depression.
Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga for Weight Loss
This asana named after Matsyendranath, a yogi. Ardha is the derived word from the Sanskrit word, meaning “half,” Matsya, meaning “ fish,” Indra, meaning “king,” asana, meaning “posture.” This asana is also called Vakrasana.” Vakra” means twisted in Sanskrit. There lots of benefits of this asana. Some of them are listed below.
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga for Weight Loss
- This Yoga for Weight Loss tones the spinal nerves and improves the way the spinal cord functions. Moreover, It makes the spine more flexible.
- Extend the muscles on one side of the body and compressing the muscles of the other hand.
- Reduce stiffness and back pain from the vertebrae.
- Helps to heal a slipped disc.
- Furthermore, getting into twist massages in the abdominal organs, increased digestive juices. Without a doubt, It enhances the functioning of the digestive system.
- Also helps to stimulate and massage the pancreas. Thus, It helps those who have diabetes.
- This asana helps to control the secretion of both bile and adrenalin.
- The asana helps to widen up the chest and expand. Due to this, it provides oxygen to the lungs.
- Above all, it helps out to loosen the joints at the hip. In the same way, it releases constraint.
- Last but not least, it increases the circulation of blood, purifies the blood, and detoxifies the internal organs.
Yoga for Weight Loss FAQ’s
It varies from person-to-person.
Both yoga and fitness have their own advantages. Yoga involves more stretching and relaxation, whereas fitness deals with the contraction of muscles.
Yes, you can lose belly fat with the help of yoga. Basic stretches and different asanas (like Surya Namaskar) can help you lose belly fat.
Hope you have found the relevant information related to yoga for weight loss, yoga poses for weight loss, yoga poses for kids. In case of any queries, please do comment or directly reach us. We will get back to you shortly.