Teachers Day 2021: Welcome to GoTrends! Do you know why we celebrate Teachers Day on 5 September? How is it celebrated? Let us find out. Teachers’ Day honor the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. He was a scholar and recipient of Bharat Ratna as well as the first Vice President and second President of India. He was born on 5th September 1888. Dr. Radhakrishnan was a grand advocate of enlightenment as well as the distinguished envoy, academician. And above all, he was a great teacher.
Teachers’ Day celebrated on 5 September in India. It’s a day to express love and gratitude towards those who have taught us in life. Such as, from school teachers to college professors, our tutors, or trainers in a field other than academics.
Table of contents
Teachers Day 2021 Importance
A teacher is a best friend, philosopher, and guide. Because they grasp our hand, opens our mind, and connect our heart. We should not ignore the contribution and gifts of a teacher at all. In many countries across the world, people honor teachers of schools, colleges, and universities on this special day. Many of us don’t know that we celebrate World Teachers’ Day on 5th October, which started in 1994. It was UNESCO who began this culture. UNESCO set the basis to celebrate the accomplishment of teachers. And also the sovereignty they placed on the field of education.
Nelson Mandela long ago said, “Education is the most mighty weapon that can change the world.” A teacher aid society by instructing and guiding countless students through the different stages of their growth. Teachers supervise the best interests of the students. And they veritably play an influential role in society.
Teachers Day 2021 Date
Sunday, 5 September
Teachers’ Day 2021 in India
Teachers Day Quotes
Check out the Teachers day 2021 quotes below.
- “If a country is to be corruption-free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother, and the teacher.” – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called ‘truth’. – Dan Rather
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” -William Butler Yeats
- A teacher who can arouse a feeling for one single good action, for one single good poem, accomplishes more than he who fills our memory with rows and rows of natural objects, classified with name and form. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” – Josef Albers
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.” – Khalil Gibran
Teachers Day Wishes
- You have always been an excellent educator who knew how to illuminate a soul with its light. Happy Teacher’s Day to my favorite teacher!
- Wishing you joy and happiness, you are an amazing teacher, and you only deserve the best.
- The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- Happy Teacher’s Day! It has been an honor to get to learn so many things from you; thank you for inspiring me! We need more instructors like you in our schools and universities.
- All the efforts and hard work you invested to bring out the best in us can never be repaid in mere words. We can only feel grateful for having a teacher like you!
- Teacher, you have always challenged me to work hard and get good grades. I will always remember you. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- Even though my grades may not always be the best, I assure you that having you as my teacher makes me truly blessed. For now, I know that you’ll never give up on me, Thank you for helping me be all I can be. Because of you, I can see that my future is bright, Above all, you taught me to shine forth my light. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- You are the spark, the inspiration, the guide, the candle to my life. I am deeply thankful that you are my teacher.
- I was lucky to have a teacher as wonderful as you are. Wishing you a Teacher’s Day that’s full of joyous moments!
- Our parents gave us life and it was you who taught us how to live it. You introduced honesty, integrity, and passion to our character. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- This beautiful message is for my retired teacher whose service in our school is greatly appreciated and who has been one of the stalwarts of our school with her good teaching. Teacher, I thank you with all my heart for your service.
Teachers Day Message and Thoughts
Check out the lists Teachers day message and thoughts below.
- Wishing all my teachers a Happy Teachers’ Day! On this special day, I would like to thank you for all the efforts you have put in to make me a better person in life.
- Thank you for being my guide and teaching me life lessons. Happy Teachers’ Day to all my teachers!
- Without you, I would have been lost. Thank you, my dear teachers, for guiding and inspiring me. Happy Teachers’ Day!
- Your teachings will always be etched in my mind. Happy Teachers’ Day!
- A good teacher is one who can inspire hope, ignite imagination and instill a love of learning. Thank you for being a brilliant teacher. Here’s wishing you a happy Teachers’ Day!
- On this special day, I just wanted to let you know that you are one of the best teachers I have had. Thank you for making me a better person.
- Good teachers build knowledge, great teachers build character. Sending you my heartfelt wishes on this Teachers’ Day!
- The best teachers in the world don’t give you answers to your questions. Instead, they spark within you a desire to find the answers yourself. Happy Teachers’ Day!
- A teacher is like candles who spend their whole life giving lights to many students.
- Teachers are: talented, elegant, admirable, cherished, honorable, efficient, and responsible.
- A teacher is most important for any country as only he/she can give a nice citizen in future.
Teachers Day Greeting Card
Get Teachers day greeting card here. Teacher’s day is the best day to express the way you feel for your instructor. And nothing could be better compared to a handmade card with heartfelt personalized words. If you want some help to make something, we are here in order to help:
- The Ruler card
- Something which you’d certainly find in a school/college bag is a ruler. Fold an A4 size paper to 2, and glue a little scale on top of it. Write on Top of it, Maám, you RULE! Within the card, you also can write 4-5 lines of the time when your teacher touched your life but you couldn’t express to her how much it meant for you personally.
- Shading Card
- Take A4 size card paper in just two colors. Fold them in half and glue the lighter color on top of the darker one. With scissors create a zig-zag pattern around both sides and make a border with a black marker. Now write Thank You on the card and then decorate it with ribbons and buttons. Within the card, write your personalized note for the teacher.
- Hand Print Card
- In different colored chart papers, make an outline of your little tiny hands. Cut the traced hand outline in 4-5 distinct colors and paste it into an A4-sized card paper. Put It in a creative way, alongside each other, and write in a small bubble, so I KNOW I’m a HANDFUL BUT YOU ARE THE BEST.
- Heart Card
- Take an A4 size sheet and fold it in half. On a half draw a huge heart that covers the page. Now cut it out of the center so just the faces of the heart stay. In a different paper, add glue and stick little-sized sticky notes onto it randomly. Once done, set the heart outline on top of it and the card is ready. Write your message and allow it to be special.
Teachers Day Speech
Get the Teachers day speech here. I’ve prepared a short and a long speech which will help you. Click here to download the speech now.
Teachers Day Images
Click here to get the Teachers day images and share it with your teachers.
Teachers Day Slogan
Below is the best Teachers day slogan. Teachers resemble candles that consume themselves to light our lives. They instruct us as well as control us in the journey of life.
- Teachers are the pillars of tomorrow
- Teachers are the best guides
- Whenever in doubt, ask a teacher
- Teachers give the gift of education
- Teachers spread knowledge
- We would be nothing without our teachers
- Thankful every moment
- Teachers lay the foundation for tomorrow
- Teachers build the future
- Teachers avoid the world of ignorance
Why Do We Celebrate Teachers Day?
Teaching is the most powerful job in the world. Teachers impart good value to children and turn them into responsible citizens. So, for that reason, almost every country celebrates Teachers’ Day.
We, as a fellowship, have the responsibility of recognizing and appreciating the service of teachers. Without a doubt, Teachers’ Day is celebrated once a year on 5th September. It’s an excellent possibility for us to spend a day with these teachers and say thanks.
Also Read – Interesting and Amazing Facts About India 2021
History Of Teachers Day
We celebrate this day on the birth date of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. He was a man of many superior qualities and a favorite teacher among the students. In his book titled “Political Thinker of Modern India,” he indicated the significance of teachers and education in a country like India, which was still in its early years of development. According to him, there is a massive role of teachers in nation-building, and for the sake, we should respect the teachers more. He was Principal at Harris Manchester College, Oxford, and would lecture the University of Oxford students on Comparative Religion.
All of us have been students for some time and have gained knowledge from our teachers. Celebration of Teachers’ Day is a magnificent opportunity to show our gratitude to our teachers. Therefore, try to connect with your teachers on the day and convey your wishes. Make their day memorable accordingly.
We Hope You have found the relevant information on Teachers Day. Visit the Facts page for more interesting posts that will surprise you. If You Have Any Questions, Comments below and we will get back to you.