Here we will discuss Kanye West’s Net Worth, Family, and Biography as well as Quotes, Awards, and more. Find out Kanye West’s Net Worth as a musician and songwriter. Kanye West is an American rapper, record producer, fashion designer, and record label owner. He is considered to be one of the greatest hip-hop artists of all time and his music is influential.
He is an example of a businessman who is a true diversifier. Although his music has brought him fame, wealth, and popularity, there are other sources of income. Kanye West isn’t just a rapper who makes mediocre music and expects people to love it. Kanye West has come a long way from his original debut many years ago.
|Born||June 8, 1977 (age 44), Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Occupation||Rapper, songwriter, record producer, fashion designer, entrepreneur|
|Parents||Donda West (mother)|
While still a child, Kanye West began his career as a rap artist. He used vocal samples to produce hip-hop beats. He also worked as a producer for the debut album of rap artist Grav. His debut album was not as successful as his other efforts, but he became a major star as a teenager. His father was a photographer who later converted to Christianity. Then, he went to college and began working with Roc-A-Fella Records artists.
Kanye West Early life
Kanye West was born in Atlanta, Georgia on the 8th of June, 1977. As of now, Kanye West’s age is 44 years. His parents divorced when he was a child. His father was a photographer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and a Christian counselor. He helped his father open a store and cafe in the city.
His mother was a professor of English at Clark Atlanta University. She remained in the area after her husband retired. After her husband’s death, she became his manager.
At a young age, Kanye West began writing poetry and rapping. At the age of twelve, he started making musical compositions and sold them to other musicians. He also published his first rap song, “Green Eggs and Ham,” at the age of thirteen.
Kanye West’s career is a success story of a life that begins in adolescence. He attended Polaris High School in Chicago and grew up in a family of immigrants. His mother was part of a student exchange program, and she had a chance to visit her daughter’s native country. Eventually, Kanye West attended a college, and then went on to make his first album.
His mother encouraged him to pursue his career in music, and she paid for his recording studio time. At this point, he has been a major player in the world of hip hop.
Kanye West Net Worth 2022 [Updated]
Currently, Kanye West Net Worth is about $3.2 Billion. Bloomberg predicts Kanye West’s net worth to range from $6 to $7 Billion in the future, which is indicative of his status as the richest African-American.
Forbes fact-check revealed that West’s net worth is closer than $1.8 billion. The Bloomberg figure was based on “theoretical futuristic expectations” regarding the revenue West can generate through his Gap deal. He only makes $90 million from his music ventures. His fashion brand, Yeezy which he is 100% owner of, earns him $150-200m in royalties.
Kanye West Family and Friends
He has been married to Kim Kardashian, a famous singer, and celebrity since 2014. Their four children are North, Saint, Psalm, and Chicago.
In 2002, Kanye West dated actress Alexis Phifer and engaged in August 2006. In 2008, Kanye subsequently dated Amber Rose till 2010. The singer has been involved in many public and private affairs.
Ray was Kanye West’s father. He was a photographer at the Atlanta Journal and a member of the Black Panther Party. He later became a Christian counselor. Donda West, West’s mother died in 2007 from heart disease after cosmetic surgery. She had been diagnosed with heart disease.
Kanye West Career
Kanye West was involved with small music productions up until 2000. He produced music for Deric “D-Dot” Angelettie and made music for local artists.
His big break came when he was appointed producer of artists at Roc-A-Fella Records, where he worked with singers such as Common and Ludacris. Although West began his career as a producer, his true passion was to be a rapper.
He made his breakthrough in rapping in 2004 when he released “The College Dropout”, his debut album. It sold 441,000 copies within its first week.
He collaborated with Jon Brion in 2005 to create West’s latest album, ‘Late Registration. His previous album, ‘Late Registration’, had sold over 2.3 million copies in America.
He released his third studio album, ‘Graduation’ two years later. It peaked at No.1 on the US Billboard 200. It sold approximately 957,000 copies in its first week. Kanye’s biggest hit single was ‘Stronger,’ which he named after the track.
West’s fifth album, “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy”, was released in 2010. It topped the Billboard charts within the first week. The album was praised by critics as a brilliant piece of work. The album was certified platinum in the United States.
He has sold millions of copies of his album and is well-known for being one the most popular rappers in the world. He has worked with Jay-Z, Beyonce, and many other artists.
Kanye West’s net worth is $3.2 billion as of 2022.
Read More – Justin Bieber Net Worth
What is Kanye West’s Money Spending Style?
West’s wealth didn’t come mainly from his music. His footwear and apparel company, Yeezy, is where he makes most of his income.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West purchased their home for $20 million in 2014. They reportedly spent four and twenty million renovating the house before moving in 2018. Kris Jenner later tweeted that the house was worth $60 Million.
Kardashian West’s 20-carat diamond, $4.5 million-plus engagement ring is one of the most costly celebrity rings.
Kanye spent $74,000 on gifts to his 18-month-old daughter North. The gift list included a $62,000 diamond-encrusted Tiara and a $12,000 replica of his black SUV.
Kanye West Music Highlights
Listed below are some of his most popular songs. You’ll probably enjoy hearing these as well. Let’s take a closer look at some of his most famous works. Here are some of his most iconic songs.
- Late Registration (Album, 2005)
- Gold Digger (Song, 2005)
- BET Awards (Video of the Year, 2006) – Won
- Graduation (Album, 2007)
- Can’t Tell Me Nothing (Song, 2007)
- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Album, 2010)
- Runaway Music Video (2010)
- Ni**as In Paris (Song, 2011)
- Yeezus (Album, 2013)
- Bound 2 (Song, 2013)
- Grammy Awards (Best Rap Performance, 2014) – Won
- The Life of Pablo (Album, 2016)
- Famous (Song, 2016)
- Ultralight Beam (Song, 2016)
- Ye (Album, 2018)
In November 2002, he released a mixtape called Get Well Soon, which included his hit single, “Through the Wire”. This was the first official album he ever released. In August 2003, he announced his next album, “The College Dropout.”
The album was supposed to come out in August, but the album was leaked months before the scheduled release date. This prompted him to improve the album.
Quotes by Kanye West
By now we know Kanye West’s biography, Let’s know about some of Kanye West’s quotes which are given below.
“If you have the opportunity to play this game of life you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don’t appreciate the moment until it’s passed.”– Kanye West
“Madonna, I think, is the greatest visual musical artist that we’ve ever had. If you look at her photo log, the photographers that she was able to work with throughout her career framed her in the proper way. It was the proper context. It was that visual that made sure that everything was gonna cut through in a certain way.”– Kanye West
“I think I’ve got the best reputation in the building. They want you to have a reputation of tucking your black nail polish into your pockets and sitting in the corner of the class, and not fighting for your ideas out of fear of being ridiculed. That’s one of my favorite ones…to be called crazy.”– Kanye West
“My goal, if I was going to do art, fine art, would have been to become Picasso or greater. That always sounds so funny to people, comparing yourself to someone in the past that has done so much, and in your life, you’re not even allowed to think that you can do as much. That’s a mentality that suppresses humanity.”– Kanye West
“People will have a problem with whatever you do. At the end of the day, nobody can determine what you need to do in order to be successful and why would you listen to someone who is not successful tell you what you need to do?”– Kanye West
Success Lessons from Kanye West
1. Every Person Has a Story To Tell - We all are quite similar. We may have been born into different walks of life and walk on a different path. What we have in common is that we all are working toward our own goals: success and happiness. It is very important to figure out how to tell our personal stories to the world. 2. Racism Is Still Alive - There’s no need to pretend that everything is ok. Racism is still alive and it needs to be a huge change about that. Today, people try to pass off their racism as “just jokes” which is not okay. 3. Never Ever Forget Your “Day Ones” - Each person has a “day ones”. They’re friends and family who have been by our side during the good times, bad times, and ugly times, since day one. Those people will be there for you in good and bad times. stick to those people who will be happy for your success in life.
Kanye West Awards
Now we will see some awards won by Kanye West. West has won a variety of awards. These include a Webby Award for Artist of the Year, an Accessories Council Excellence Award for being a style maker, International Man of the Year at the GQ Awards, a Clio Award for The Life of Pablo Album Experience, and an honor by The Recording Academy.
- Winner of the BET Awards 2004 for the best new artist.
- The best male video at the 2005 MTV Video Music Awards
- Hip-hop artist who won the BET Award for 2005’s best male.
- “Gold Digger” and “Jesus Walks” were named Video of the Year, respectively, at the BET Awards 2006.
- The MTV Italian Music Awards 2006 recognized TRL as the Man of the Year.
- Best Live Performance at the 2007 and 2008 BET Hip Hop Awards
- The MTV Europe Music Awards 2008 crowned the best male artist and best urban act.
- At the American Music Awards 2008, he won best male rapper/hip-hop, artist.
- Hip-Hop Male Artist at the 2008 BET Awards.
- In 2008, the BET Awards presented the Best Collaboration award to “Good Life” (featuring T-Pain).
- Defining hip hop style in 2009 and 2011 with the BET Hip Hop Awards and the Antville Music Video Awards.
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2009 and 2011: Producer of the Year and Best Hip Hop Style.
- ANTVILLE 2010 Award for Best Commissioned Artist
- This year’s ACE Awards gave out the Stylemaker Award.
- ‘Run This Town’ was voted the favorite music collaboration at the People’s Choice Awards 2010 (with Jay-Z and Rihanna).
- The BET Awards honored B.O.B. as the best rapper of 2011.
- The BET Awards 2012 Video of the Year was “Otis” (featuring Jay-Z).
- At the Grammy Awards 2012, “Otis” won the Grammy for Best Rap Performance.
We hope you found this Kanye West’s Net Worth, Family, and Biography as well as Quotes, Awards article interesting. Do visit again to get more details on various celebrities around the globe right here.