Hello there, today in this article, we will get to know Fun Facts About the Human Body which can be Interesting, Weird, Ridiculously Unbelievable But True Facts. We are going to list all the cool facts about our body which some of you may don’t know at all.
There are many things going within our bodies that we do not know about while we go about our daily lives. It could be your new size in the morning or the number of times your heart beats every day. Here is some interesting information regarding your body.
Table of contents
Fun Facts About the Human Body
The human body is a stunning bizarre, quirky, and fascinating machine. It’s true that we live in it, which is why we forget what amazing things such as eyes, internal organs and even the basic components of life (cells) are, don’t you think? Here are some interesting facts regarding the human body certain to get your mind engaged.
- Our heart beats about 100,000 times a day.
- You’re going to be taller in the morning that’s because of how the cartilage in our bones compresses during the day due to gravity.
- Our highest blood flow is in our kidneys.
- We can produce enough saliva to fill two bathtubs a year.
- Healthy lungs looks alike pink lungs.
- It’s true that 12% of people dream in black & white.
- Our blood vessels could circle the globe.
- We as an adult have an average of 2000-4000 taste buds.
- Our body has more than 600 muscles.
- Our skin has 1000 different species of bacteria on it and we can’t feel it.
- The strongest and longest bone is your femur which is upper bone of the leg.
- Our fingernails grow faster than our toenails.
Interesting Facts About the Human Body
Human bodies are extremely complex and fascinating living creatures on Earth. There are many interesting aspects that make it distinctive that you can discuss with your children.
- An adult lungs have the surface area of around 70 square metres.
- Your both lungs aren’t exactly the same. The lung on your right side is divided into three while the lung on the left side of your body is divided into two lobes. The left lung is a bit smaller, allowing room for your heart.
- Human lungs contain almost 300 million alveoli and 1,500 miles of airways.
- An average person breathes air in around 11,000 litres every day.
- Our ears and nose continue growing throughout our entire life.
- Our sense of smell is around 10,000 times more sensitive than our sense of taste.
- Around 80% percent of what we think is the taste that actually smells. Flavour, is a combination of both taste and smell perception.
- In a year, the average human heart would pump enough blood to fill an Olympic size pool.
- Our heart beats around 100,000 times a day, 365,00,000 times a year, and over a billion times if you live beyond 30.
- An adult human brain weighs around 3 pounds (1.5 kg). Although it makes up just 2 per cent of the body’s weight, it uses around 20 per cent of its energy.
- When you are listening to music, your heartbeat is syncing with the rhythm.
- Grouping human blood types is a bit difficult process. There are currently 30 recognized blood types (or blood groups). You might be familiar with the more simplified “ABO” system which categorises blood types under O, A, B and AB.
- A healthy adult human heart beats about 75 times on average per minute.
- If we could lay all the blood vessels in the human body end to end, they would encircle the Earth four times.
- An eyelash lives for almost about 150 days before it falls out.
- Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin almost every hour. So a large amount of the dust in your home can actually be dead skin.
- Did you know blushing is caused by a rush of adrenaline.
- A human body contains enough fat in a lifetime to make seven bars of soap.
- The small intestine of a human is roughly 23 feet long.
- The kidney’s filtering units – Nephrons, clean the blood in the human body in about 45 minutes and send about six cups of urine (2000 ml) to the bladder every day.\
- Did you know you can’t breathe and swallow at the same time.
- There are thousands of taste buds on the human tongue. In general, girls have more taste buds than boys.
- The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. The left side of your brain controls the right side of your body.
- Did you know a newborn baby sees the world upside down till its brain starts erecting it.
- The smallest bone are found in the human body is located in the middle ear.
- Like having unique fingerprints, humans have unique tongue prints too.
- Humans are the only animals having chins.
- The cornea is the only part of the human body with no blood supply. It gets its oxygen directly from the air.
- Between birth and death, the human body lost from 300 bones, to just 206.
- An average-sized man eats in his/her life time which is about the weight of six elephants.
- 50% of our hand strength comes from our little finger.
- Wrinkles start appearing ss people get older, their skin gets thinner, drier, and less elastic.
- If you spread out your skin and measure it, it would be the same size as a child’s bed sheet.
- One-quarter of your bones are in your feet.
- An average person produces enough saliva in their lifetime to fill two swimming pools.
- In-camera terms, the human eye is almost 576 megapixels.
- An adult skin can weighs around 3 to 4 kgs.
- Did you know a running nose is a way our body flushes out germs from our nose when we catch a cold and flu.
- Skin is the largest organ of human body.
- Why we have hiccups because the diaphragm, which is a thin membrane under the lungs, sometimes twitches, causing a sudden intake of air, which is interrupted by throat closing.
- While awake, our brain produces enough electricity to power a lightbulb.
Weird Facts About the Human Body
Hope you are enjoying these fun facts about the human body. Now let’s know some weird facts about the human body. Here we go –
- Did you know our eyes blink around 20 times a minute? That’s over ten million times a year!
- Did you know our ears never stop growing?
- Did you know our earwax is actually a type of sweat?
- Did you know the average nose produces about a cupful of nasal mucus every day?
- Did you know if you walked for 12 hours a day, it would take the average person 690 days to walk around the world?
- Did you know the only muscle that never tires is the heart?
- Did you know the entire surface of your skin is replaced every month, which put another way means you have about 1,000 different skins in your life?
- Did you know the body has 2.5 million sweat pores?
- Did you know every minute you shed over 30,000 dead skin cells?
- Did you know if you live to age 70, your heart will have beat around 2.5 billion times?
- Did you know across their lifetime, most people spend an average of one whole year sitting on the toilet?
- Did you know on average you fart enough in one day to fill a party balloon?
Strange But True Interesting Human Facts
- The majority of your bones are in your wrists, hands as well as feet, and ankles.
- In every second of your life, the body is producing the equivalent of 25 million fresh cells. This means that in just 15 seconds, you’ll have more cells produced than people in America the United States.
- Teeth are considered to be part of the system of skeletal structure however they aren’t considered to be bones.
- Although we aren’t the most powerful, fastest, or most powerful animals we’re the best at one thing: long-distance running. Our legs that are long upright posture and the ability to lose heat through sweat are just a few of the factors that make us great runners. In reality, early humans would hunt their prey for prolonged periods of time, until the animal practically died of exhaustion, an approach known as persistence hunting.
- Around 60 percent of your body’s weight is comprised of water.
- Pound for pounds bones is more durable than steel. A piece of bone that is the size of a matchbox is able to support upwards of 18,000 pounds.
- Scientists estimate that the nose can recognize a trillion different scents!
- Babies don’t shed tears until they’re at least one month old.
- You lose about 4kg of skin cells every year!
- Adults excrete about a quarter and a half (1.42 liters) of urine each day.
- The human brain contains about 100 billion nerve cells.
I hope you have enjoyed these fun facts about the human body article. Do you have any doubts or suggestions? If yes, just let us know so we can help you. Also, tell us about your experience. Thank you so much for staying with us.