Welcome to GoTrends! Let’s explore some amazing, interesting, and weird facts about India 2022 which you will only see in India. India is full of odd customs and curiosity, and you probably didn’t know about it. Guess what today is your lucky day; I’m going to tell you some amazing facts about India.
Table of contents
Facts About India 2022
India, also officially known as the Republic of India, is a country in South Asia. It is the second-most populous country after China, the seventh-largest country by territorial area, and the most populous democracy in the world. It is known from archaeological evidence that a highly sophisticated urbanized culture known as the Indus civilization dominated the northwestern part of the subcontinent from about 2600 to 2000 BC. C. Notably, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism originated in India. Aside from its many religions and sects, India is home to countless castes and tribes, as well as over a dozen major language groups and hundreds of minor language groups from various unrelated language families. So, here I have a huge list of interesting and weird facts about India that will blow your mind and you will start loving this country.
Interesting Facts About India 2022
- India is the largest English-speaking country in the world and second only to the United States. India is a country with around 800 languages spoken and only 22 languages are officially recognized.
- No wonder Indian English sometimes tickles your ear in strange ways. For example, if a person starts talking to you with a strange YAAR sound, don’t worry, that’s the Indian way of saying Hey Dude. The Indians would probably ask your name with the phrase “what is your good name?” And no, you have a terrible name that you somehow earned it, it’s just a way of being polite then an Indian person finally starts addressing you by your first name and he can add JI (G) at the end to show how much he respects you.
- In India, when two adoring hearts decide to marry, the groom must put a wedding ring on the bride’s toe. Yes, that is the tradition. These wedding rings are known as BICHIYA, and each bride wears her second toe as a sign of her newlywed status. Indians are well known for their fondness for gold, but toe rings are made primarily of silver, as it is not appropriate to wear gold below the waist.
- Most people in India believe that a spoken word has immense power and if you break a promise, you will enrage the soul and the deities. The most powerful hope is the mother’s promise. So if Indians swear by their mother, you better believe them. This one is really Interesting Facts About India.
- Among the most sacred texts in India, there are surgeons and medical experts baffled to this day. It is called Sushruta Samhita and it is a fundamental part of the Indian practice of Ayurveda. Sushruta wrote somewhere between 1000 BC. C. and 500 a. C. The texts describe incredibly complex surgical procedures, but what is exciting is that it shows that India is without a doubt the birthplace of all plastic surgery. Even for his time, Sushruta was capable of performing nose jobs or rhinoplasty and earlobe alteration.
- Bollywood is the highest film industry in the world. Yes, not Hollywood, Bollywood produces around 1200 movies every year, double what Hollywood produces and if you want to start an acting career in India you have to learn to sing and dance because most of the movies that are produced there are musicals. This passion for music stems from a deep appreciation for traditional Indian dance and folklore. Bollywood got its “B” from Bombay, the city where most of the films were produced. It later changed its name to Mumbai in 1995.
- According to Indian legend, the mighty and adored wise warrior Karni Mata tragically lost her stepson Laxman when he accidentally fell into a lake and drowned. Karni Mata suffered so much that she prayed to God to save him. Well the god did, but on one condition, all of her male children were reincarnated as rats. That is why the temples dedicated to Karni Mata in Deshnoke are known as the rat temple. There is a sizeable room completely covered in rats, but people here are happy to come and share their food with these blessed long-tailed rodents. It’s an honor to meet and feed the rare white rats in the temple. It is believed that they are the true reincarnation of Karni Mata and hers, her children.
- If you ever go to town after harvest season, you may be able to see bull surfing.
Villagers make a track in flooded fields that turn into a large muddy swamp and then teams compete in a competitive sport to stay on a board that is dragged through the water by two bulls. They train these riders for this event. The bulls are groomed and cleaned with the horns nice and shiny polished, which doesn’t last long.
- Did you know that the word shampoo has Indian roots? The shampooing itself originates from India. The original word “Shampoo” means massage and was originally used to narrate the process of strengthening hair with herbs in India, but India has good reason to pay so much attention to its appearance. India sells more than $ 20 billion worth of hair in a month.
- India is well known for its pollution problem and it cannot be denied that it is crucial, but that says nothing about the point of view of the Indian population on nearby wildlife. There are 104 national parks in India with more than 15,000 square miles of total coverage. Few rarer animals on earth inhabit these parks like the strange-looking purple frog, the smallest pig in the world, the pygmy pig, the most important living bats, and the Indian flying fox. These endangered species are in dire need of protection and India has proven to be very capable of conserving wildlife. In 2010, there were only between 1,700 and 1,900 Bengal tigers left in the world, but those numbers now amount to around 2,200. Bengal tigers are still considered endangered even though they are the most prominent tiger species in terms of numbers.
- India has the fourth-largest rail system in the world with almost 42,000 miles of track in total. We can see crowded local trains in India. So trying to get into one is practically impossible and don’t even bother trying to get a seat, you’d be wasting your time, but still, these crazy-filled trains have become a tourist attraction in themselves.
- What is more beautiful than a huge Indian elephant? There is a contest that takes place every year on a full moon between February and March. People get down to business for the festival by cleaning the elephants and decorating them with a variety of impressive ornaments and clothing. They even paint colorful designs on them. Then everyone votes for the most beautiful and funny elephant of the festival. It’s nice to know that these kind and helpful creatures can earn so much respect and love.
Unknown Facts About India
There are many Unknown Facts About India that were not aware of. So lets u know about the Unknown Facts About India 2022.
- The World’s Highest Post Office Is Located In India. It is situated in the Hikkim village of Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh at 15,550 ft and It has been in operation since 1774.
- Amritsar is the World’s Most Visited Religious Place. Yes, The Golden Temple, is the most visited religious place in the world.
- World’s Only Floating Post Office is Situated In Srinagar. It is the world’s only floating post office which is located in India.
- A Man In Mizoram Has The World’s Biggest Family. Ziona Chana, a man from Mizoram has 9 wives, 94 children, 14 daughters-in-law, and 33 grandchildren. He resides in a 100 room mansion in the Baktawng village of Mizoram and holds the world record as the head of the “world’s largest existing family”.
- The Himalayas Grow Every Year 2 inches taller that’s because the tectonic plates that created the Himalayas keep shifting.
- Indian Railway Passengers are equal to Australia’s population. This number is around 23 million people.
- Delhi Has The World’s Bouncer Village. Around 300 muscular men from this town work in bars and clubs in the capital. This town is unique for producing bouncers that train on treadmills, lift weights, and develop their muscles in the most unique ways.
- Shani Shingnapur in Maharashtra Is A Village With No Doors. Legend has it that 300 years ago Lord Shani ordered a devotee to make a shrine in his name in this village and in return the Lord will protect the village from harm. However, Lord Shani had only one condition: his shrine should not have a roof, in order to protect the village without hindrance.
- Mangalyaan Budget is less than Hollywood’s ‘Gravity’ movie Budget. The Mars Orbiter Mission, also known by the Mangalyaan, cost 74 million dollars and the Hollywood blockbuster starring Sandra Bullock cost 100 million dollars. Mangalyaan’s budget is also only one-ninth of the cost of NASA’s $ 671 million Maven mission, which also put its spacecraft into an orbit of Mars.
- The Bandra-Worli Sea Link Wonder. The length of the cables supporting Mumbai’s picturesque Bandra Worli link is equal to the circumference of the Earth. A single steel wire can support the weight of 900 tons and the weight of the entire bridge is equal to the weight of 50,000 African elephants. This amazing bridge took a total of 2,57,00,000 man-hours to complete.
Also, Read – Teachers Day 2022 – Quotes, Wishes, Greeting Card
Fun Facts About India
Did you know that India used to be an island and even a part of Antarctica more than 100 million years ago? About 50 million years ago, it collided with the Asian continent and thus was born the Himalayas. Whether you’ve been to India before or are just fascinated with this country, here are some fun facts about India 2022. These fun facts about India will definitely surprise you. So here are the lists.
- Tea is the national beverage of India and the second-largest tea producer in the world.
- Roopkund lake is a mysterious skeleton lake located in the Himalayas.
- The Taj Mahal is slowly changing its color due to pollution and contaminated air transforming from white into a yellow color.
- Cows are considered sacred as Hindus worship cows. They think that cows are their mother because they give us milk.
- India is Famous for its Iconic Step Wells also known as vavs situated in Gujarat and baolis.
- North Sentinel Island is one of the last “untouched” places on Earth as the Sentinelese people made it very clear violently that they did not want to be disturbed.
- Hinduism is the oldest religion in the world. Currently, Hinduism is the third largest religion in the world, serving more than one billion people.
- In some places in India, Coke and Pepsi are used as pesticides.
- “Indian food” has become one of the most widespread cuisines in the world.
- Meghalaya village in India is the wettest inhabited place on Earth with about 11,873 milliliters of rain annually.
- Most Indians eat with only their fingers.
- India has one of the lowest divorce rates compared to the rest of the world.
- India was the first country to extract, refine, and consume sugar in the world.
- India has over 300,000 mosques and over 2 million Hindu temples.
- The Hindu calendar has six seasons. They are Vasant Ritu or Spring, Grishma Ritu or Summer, Varsha Ritu or Monsoon, Sharad Ritu, or Autumn, Hemant Ritu, or Pre-winter and Shishir / Shita Ritu or Winter.
- The Amritsar Golden Temple serves free meals for lakhs of people on daily basis.
- There are about 30 holidays in a year in India.
- Chenab Bridge in Jammu is the highest rail bridge in the world.
- Ayurveda and Yoga originated in India and now the whole world is accepting and doing Yoga on daily basis.
- Holi is much more than a colorful powder festival and celebrated every march month of the year.
- Around 70% of the world’s spices come only from India as it is the largest producer in the world.
- The popular game “Snakes and Ladders” as well as “Chess” originated in India and now it is played all over the world.
- During World War II, the Taj Mahal was disguised as a bamboo stockpile to protect from enemies.
- India has the current tallest statue in the world. This is the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, located in the western state of Gujarat, where Patel was born.
- India was the first country to mine diamonds which is the precious stone in today’s world.
- Did you know the Kumbh Mela is visible from space?
- India has the highest population of vegetarians and also known as vegans.
- Did you know Varanasi is the most ancient surviving city in the world?
- You can drive on the world’s highest Ladakh motorable road which is at over 19,300 feet.
- The world’s largest sundial is located in Jaipur, India and it is around 90 feet tall.
Facts About India in Hindi
There are a lot of interesting facts about India 2022 that we can talk about. Let’s learn more amazing facts in Hindi about India, which has a diverse culture and extensive history. So, here are the lists of facts about India in Hindi.
- दुनिया का सबसे ऊंचा क्रिकेट ग्राउंड हिमाचल प्रदेश के चायल शहर में है. यह 1893 में बनाया गया था|
- भारत की राष्ट्रीय कबड्डी टीम ने सारे वर्ल्ड कप जीते हैं|
- चंद्रमा पर भारत ने पहले पानी खोजा था |
- भारत के पहले राष्ट्रपति सिर्फ आधी सैलरी लेते थे |
- संयुक्त राज्य अमेरिका, चीन, ब्राज़ील और पाकिस्तान को पछाड़ते हुए, भारत विश्व के सबसे बड़े दूध उत्पादन का 16 प्रतिशत है।
- भारत के पहले रॉकेट को साइकिल पर ले जाया गया था |
- ज्योति किसिंग एमिग दुनिया की सबसे छोटी जीवित महिला है। उनका जन्म 16 दिसंबर 1993 को हुआ था। वह 2 फीट 0.6 इंच की हैं।
- भारत में हाथियों के लिए स्पा बाथ की व्यवस्था है |
- भारत में 4700 से अधिक दैनिक समाचार पत्रों का उत्पादन किया जाता है।
- खारी बावली, नई दिल्ली (भारत) एशिया का सबसे बड़ा थोक मसाला बाजार है।
- भारत दुनिया की सबसे पुरानी, सबसे बड़ी और सतत सभ्यता है – सिंधु घाटी सभ्यता।
- भारत में दुनिया की सबसे बड़ी हिंदू आबादी है। इसकी लगभग 81% आबादी हिंदू है।
- यदि आपने भगवद गीता, रामायण, महाभारत पढ़ी है तो आपको एहसास होगा कि एक भी पाठ नहीं है जो “हिंदू” शब्द का उल्लेख करता है। यह एक ऐसा नाम था जो विदेशियों द्वारा दिया गया था क्योंकि हमारी जमीन “सिंधु” नदी के दूसरी तरफ थी और इसलिए “हिंदू” नाम आया। लेकिन आखिरकार, कुछ लोगों ने इसे एक धर्म बना दिया।
- इंडिया नाम ‘Indus’ नदी से लिया गया है। यह एक घाटी है जिसके आसपास लोग पहले के समय में बस गए थे।
- भारत की जनसंख्या पहले से कहीं अधिक तेजी से बढ़ रही है और यह अनुमान लगाया गया है कि आधी से अधिक आबादी 25 वर्ष से कम आयु की है।
OMG Facts About India 2022
Here is the list of some OMG facts about India, historical facts about India, important facts about India, facts about India for kids below.
- Natwarlal, the Man who sold the Taj Mahal TWICE.
- Padmanabhaswamy is the Temple richest in the world.
- India has AGNI and Prithvi which are nuclear-capable ballistic missiles and among the most accurate in the world.
- The Lonar Lake in Maharashtra’s Buldhana District is thousands of years old and was formed due to the impact of a meteor, forming the world’s only basalt rock lake.
- There are 32 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the country.
- India is among only one of the three countries(the USA and Japan) that make supercomputers.
- India is the second-largest pool of scientists and engineers in the world.
- India is the largest troop contributor to UN peacekeeping forces.
- India’s Kumbh Mela is the world’s largest human gathering.
- The Asiatic lion can only be found in western India.
- India has the largest number of news channels in the world of about 798 TV channels.
- India controls the world’s highest battlefield (Siachen) in the world.
- India has never invaded any country in her last 100000 years of history.
- Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus was originated in India.
- India was one of the richest countries until the time of British rule in the early 17th century. Christopher Columbus, attracted by the wealth of India, had been looking for a sea route to India when he discovered America by mistake.
- Did you know India exports software to 90 countries?
- Martial Arts were first created in India and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
- India provides security for more than 300,000 refugees from Sri Lanka, Tibet, Bhutan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh, who fled to flee religious and political persecution.
So, these were Interesting Facts About India 2022. If you are from another country, you must have enjoyed these amazing facts about India and if you are an Indian, you must be proud of being Indian after knowing these facts. Visit the Facts page for more interesting posts that will surprise you. If we miss any facts about India 2022, please do comment and we will add those too in this post.